Thread: Swift air
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 01:43 PM
Triggs
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: B737 CA

Originally Posted by MNPS 50N50W View Post
Yes, Swift is getting the Eastern Pilots for next to nothing, off the street Captains. Not good for us currently here. But of the 16 Pilots left at Eastern that are supposed to come with the two 800's, I heard that 12 already have class dates, or are seriously looking elsewhere, as they're not happy with what Swith is offering. Some may come over, but will soon be gone when something better comes along. We will definitely end up loosing all the Eastern Pilots, and continue our revolving door 737 training for 135, and instructor Pilots. Great training program for SWA, AA, and others operating NG's
I understand the agita over the street hire captains. I'm not thrilled with it, but there is a need for captains beyond what can be filled internally, do you not agree? That being said, those who are qualified to upgrade need to be given the opportunity ASAP, and if that's not possible due to staffing levels, then bypass pay should happen. As for the Eastern pilots who don't like the deal they got,, I feel bad that they lost their job due to mismanagement, but to go to an interview making demands is foolish. I suggest trying that at SWA and see how far it gets them