Thread: Swift air
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 03:35 PM
MNPS 50N50W
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by 81pilot View Post
Eastern pilots have already been offered jobs. Some are taking it, some are not. First group will go when the firat airplane goes around the end of August. We all understand what happened and that Swift just bought the assets from Eastern. New company, new rules, new pay scale. Yes, we were lied to. Only time will tell about growth or demise. It can go either way.
Yep...Eastern's owners wanted out, and they wanted out so bad, that they sold what was worth a dollar, for fifty cents. Nothing wrong with Swift making that deal, they really didn't need Eastern....

Or is there more to this seemingly stupid deal. The Eastern name was of recognition value, but will be discarded. The Eastern Certificate, was of significant value, but will be turned in to the FAA.

Hmmmm....I'm really scratching my head here. What's wrong with this picture guys. Help me here...does this really make sense. Or is there a more sinister plot afoot for the money people. Stay tuned....In the mean time, we the PUPITS - on both sides of this fiasco - will continue to have our strings pulled.

Had a job before Swift, had a job before Eastern. May not be what we think is perfect for us, but if this doesn't work, NEXT......