View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:46 AM
PotatoChip
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by Palmtree Pilot View Post
NO, there are not even small signs. Still sending a second 400 to Atlas to do NCA flying, so less upgrades and less money for long term copilots, and the schedules just continue to SUCK and get worse. They have no orders and no plans for anything after these -8s wear out. More resignations from both seats than they can keep up with in hiring. No raises in contract signed in May. Flying 780-920 hours a year flipping back in forth between day and night and day with 24 hour layovers after 15 hour duty days with 2 pilot, 2 leg days. 10 days off a month and sometimes commuting on them.

Be more specific about what you want out of coming here and where you are coming from geographically and you may get better answers.
Hey Palmtree,

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. I made the tough decision to quit last year, and I didn't want to leave. I saw a negative trend starting to pick up speed and didn't want to pass V1 while at NCA. The jury is still out if I made the right call, but from all my friends that are still there it doesn't sound like much of anything is improving. I know some of them are actively looking for alternatives. It's disappointing considering how great it could be there.