View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 04:18 PM
TallFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by MichaelVne View Post
If all things held constant, maybe. What would you theorize the fleet re-evaluation would do to those numbers? I don't disagree with what you suggest, I just know that the current flow is at 9 years and 10 months.
Respectfully, Michael 39%
I think the cost of AAG keeping a 30 airplane fleet at Envoy would be a lot more expensive than keeping up with the compensation costs to get them over here. And AAG is loosing a bunch of 200s with Whisky headed over to Kirby's Revenge so the idea of trading 200s for the 700s seems less likely, although they are trying to pull those small EMBs out of the desert for Envoy.

It's all a crazy game, but however that particular part of the game ends, I don't think it involves a 30 airplane fleet at a WO.

As for flow, no idea. Trying to predict more than one year out (heck, 3 months out) is crazy talk, and this industry is on the fast train to who the heck knows right now.

One thing is for sure, market forces *seem* to be in our favor right now. All this talk that certain people like to have on P2.0 about "squeezing the company" is kinda pointless. No matter what one's personal opinions about using your cell to call MX or if you should take a 200 with a broke APU, the company has much, much bigger fish to fry.