View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 12:13 AM
PrettyFlyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by DarkSideMoon View Post
Based on how desperately the 91K/135 operations need pilots I think that's a matter of demonstrating your customer service skills in the interview. Just because you're 121 doesn't mean you live in a bubble where you never provide customer service. Many of the corporate pilots I know have 121 experience.
I'm assuming he means top tier corporate like the Fortune 500 and other large private companies and not mom and pop operations. They are known to not take guys from 121 for that reason, there is obviously exceptions due to who you know. But places like John Deere, Wal-Mart to some of the big oil companies all have a history of not wanting 121 on a resume. My instructor flies for a billion dollar company with 6 planes and if I go 121 he says he wont be able to get me a job regardless. Its not an insult its just a different world where you have to do everything from top to bottom not just walk to the gate grab the paperwork, say hi to a few passengers and go home.
A bunch of the Wally World Lears were at my home airport last week and was able to chat with them for a bit and they gave the same advice if I want to go corporate don't go to a regional. Pretty sure it was the second thing he said.