View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 06:22 AM
kaputt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Good info in this thread, but I'm looking for some updated gouge.

To start, the recent posting on USA Jobs mentioned openings at the following locations: Sierra Vista, Yuma, Grand Forks, Aguadilla, Alpine, Laredo, and McAllen. Specifically what, if any, fixed wing opportunities are available at those basing locations?

Second, what is the health of the fixed wing community looking like? I see that they have been buying new King Airs, but how many are out there? Also how many PC-12s, Citations, Dash-8s, etc... are in the fleet, and are those aircraft going to be sticking around for awhile? In addition do you get any say at any point in the hiring/training process in what airframe you would want to fly, and more specifically is getting non-vold into RPAs something that could happen?

And finally, what is the future looking like for CBP dudes? How many flight hours per year could the average fixed wing pilot expect? I've read a few articles that CBP is facing some of the same issues as the rest of the aviation industry, so do you see some of the good deal locations opening up at some point as guy's that have been sitting there start to retire or make the jump to the airlines?

Appreciate any help!