View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 11:57 AM
Dubiousbrother
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2017
Position: 777 all

Originally Posted by Captain Spock View Post
Call them ramblings if you like.

Look at the last one of the unfair labor practices below. Then tell me what you think.

This is a card game its the way it's always been done you don't show your cards on either side of the table to the people sitting around the table.

Why to you have so little faith that your negotiating committee are wanting the best for you. For US.

Unfair Labor Practices
Part of the National Labor Relations Act’s responsibilities includes ensuring employers do not engage in unfair labor practices. Under the Act, employers are obligated to follow certain laws, and are prohibited from certain actions, including:

Interfering with, coercing, or restraining employees’ right to form, join, or assist in the formation of labor organizations
Dominating or interfering with the formation of any labor union organization
Discrimination in hiring or tenure of employees in order to discourage participation in union organization
Discriminating against any employee who files charges or testifies against the employer
Refusing to bargain with the employee’s representative
Captain Spock – The card game analogy doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

An accurate way to describe what's been going on would be me having to ante up every round. Make decisions on whether to raise, fold, or call without the ability to ever see any cards.

Regarding bargaining: Has the Company refused to bargain with the representative? If they have then they are of course in violation of fair labor practices. I have been under the impression this has not been the case.

It appears that you are agitated by the Company’s decision to release some details of their offer.

May I ask why?

Could you please respond as your Avatar’s Namesake would (Spock) with logic, reasoning and without emotion.

Please don’t resort to the usual cliché’s and platitudes that don’t provide substantive answers such as:

“We’re playing in to their hands”
“Whipsawing”
“Undermining the NC”
“this is how negotiations work”