View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 06:51 PM
IrishNJ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: Back in right seat

Originally Posted by captsurf View Post
Hoping some JFK locals could help me here, I didn't want to start a whole new thread topic.

For those of you that are local that have/do sit reserve, how far away from the airport do you live? I'm currently in the Islip area which is 40-50 minutes no traffic, can easily become 1.5hrs+ with traffic. Wondering if anyone lives near there and has ever had any issues. Jetblue short call is 2hrs plus 15minutes for positive contact correct? LGA a little longer?

Also where are you guys parking in JFK/LGA and what's average time from there to the terminal.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As long as you live within 2 hours drive "under normal traffic", JB is good with that. If they call you at peak rush hour and you can't make it in two hours, you're good, not your fault.
JB is a NYC based airline, they understand, just call and say you're stuck in traffic.

I live in NJ, at 1:15 drive without traffic plus 30 mins to get from Long term parking to the terminal. Never had a problem.
(if they want you to get there" as soon as possible" they'll approve short term parking expense but never agree to anything less than 2 hour commute)