View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 06:23 PM
TheWeatherman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Thanks everybody for the advice. I had 4 interviews scheduled, Republic, Skywest, Envoy, and Air Wisconsin.

Last week I interviewed with Republic first, then Skywest. Envoy and Air Wisconsin were next week. I received an job offer from Skywest the next day, but had to wait a week to hear from Republic with a job offer. Through two interviews I had seen enough, I knew Republic is where I wanted to work.

I called Skywest and thanked them for their consideration, but I would be withdrawing my acceptance of their CJO. The lady was nice about it and it was a pretty quick conversation.

Just a few months ago Skywest was my #1 list and really my only choice. But with no bonus and form what I hear a ****ty contract for new hires, they went down to #3 or 4 on my list. Even though Republic doesn't have the highest bonus, they have the highest first year pay, great routes, SAP is coming in a couple months, and a standardized fleet of ERJ 170/175s. All the factors combined including base made them the best fit for me.