View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 08:26 PM
ocskyguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: Old and Unemployed

Okay...

Having one of those "can't stand the bull**** moments..." Some of you know who I am. For those that don't, I have been a loyal IBT member for about 30 years. Walked more than a few picket lines with some of the old boys (Benning, Trichlor, etc..). And, went head to head with Connie on more than a few occasions. Currently, one of the old bastards that I used to hate to fly with.

But...

1224 has become a poisoned pool. Too worried about fighting with customers that have very little to do with K4. And, too heavily weighted in favor of the pilot groups (Atlas, you know who you are..) that make up the majority of the membership. To the point of holding our TA hostage in order to make sure that we didn't step on any Atlas toes.

We basically have two choices. Rally ourselves to gain a meaningful voice in 1224. Or, spin off our own local. Not necessarily leave the IBT. But, petition Bourne to let us chart our own course with our own local. We were the founding airline in Local 747. It just got hijacked by a poor Business Agent. And, we have the critical mass to have our own local again.

Just sayin...