View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 10:43 PM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by goldfinger View Post
Today,K4 pilots received signature cards authorizing the decertification of 1224 as our bargaining representation. HOORAY !!! Its about time we moved toward controlling our own destiny and rid ourselves of the Atlas dominated 1224 run by people who do not have our interests as first priority. Dominated by those who would (and tried to) ruthlessly sell us out and use us as a bargaining chip to benefit another separate pilot group. Its way past time that we freed ourselves from this sort of demagoguery and usury. Its way past time the K4 pilots negotiated and bargained for us and by us and refuse to allow our futures to be exploited and determined with only the benefit of another pilot group in mind.
Absolutely the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I spent 14 years as an ALPA pilot at DHL Airways (aka) Astar. While being represented by ALPA, we lost a scope suit, a bid for 767's, AND all of us lost our friggin jobs !!!

While I contend that a union is only as strong as it's pilot group, if the national organization has other, more important (read lucrative) members, your airline will end up at the bottom of the stack.

Now, you won't be "competing" with DW and Atlas, you'll be "competing" with Delta Captain, Tim Canoll, and Delta, United, and FedEx for money and attention.

With 1224 you have all of the major ACMI carriers working with - not against - each other. They coordinate strategies and communications. They have a unified front when facing DHL and Amazon. And they have most of the unionized truckers in the U.S. on their side.

That's some pretty stupid logic thinking that ALPA would be better for K4.