Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 06:06 AM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by DETSports View Post
So it seems as though it is just over a month right now from CJO to class date. Just out of curiosity if you had a schedule conflict that you had to attend around when you were to start class or during class how would they handle that? Thanks
I had something similar happen between my CJO and class offer. When I asked about postponing I was told they could push my class date back a week but after that he "can't guarantee anything". Luckily my schedule conflict wasn't anything terribly important. After mulling it over for an hour or two I called back and accepted the earlier class. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise as my class drop had the ideal mix of bases and aircraft for my situation and delaying would have cost me 60+ seniority numbers. I guess it comes down to what is that worth to you?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. They definitely give you ample warning and opportunity to plan around major life events and are generally understanding if something unexpected pops up. Just be advised: right or wrong, a weekend drinking at the lake with friends is not considered an "unexpected circumstance" or "major life event".