Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 06:56 PM
beis77
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by ODB2 View Post
Define not good. I have heard of people doing that and they just let them go to a later class; haven't heard anything recently, but I do have some friends waiting for the call. Very curious exactly what "not good" is.
Not sure if this helps, but during my interview the other day, they made me confirm/sign my availability during the HR panel on day 1 prior to receiving the CJO. So if your availability changes significantly for a pre-known event, they could decide not to give you a CJO if they believe it's an integrity issue (since they make you confirm and sign before ever giving you a CJO). For those using RST, Tito covered this in his podcasts. For context, (based on the podcast) it sounds like the major airlines may be tired of getting burned by people separating the military providing "two weeks notice" in their Apps and then showing up at the interview saying they're not available for 6-months. No offense to Mil guys (I am one), just restating what I've heard. Common sense would suggest that life events that pop up (after the app was submitted) shouldn't be a big deal, as life happens. However, if it comes across that the candidate misrepresented their availability in order to score an interview quicker... then those folks may be playing with fire.