Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 07:30 PM
GyroNole
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016
Position: First Officer

Originally Posted by beis77 View Post
Not sure if this helps, but during my interview the other day, they made me confirm/sign my availability during the HR panel on day 1 prior to receiving the CJO. So if your availability changes significantly for a pre-known event, they could decide not to give you a CJO if they believe it's an integrity issue (since they make you confirm and sign before ever giving you a CJO). For those using RST, Tito covered this in his podcasts. For context, (based on the podcast) it sounds like the major airlines may be tired of getting burned by people separating the military providing "two weeks notice" in their Apps and then showing up at the interview saying they're not available for 6-months. No offense to Mil guys (I am one), just restating what I've heard. Common sense would suggest that life events that pop up (after the app was submitted) shouldn't be a big deal, as life happens. However, if it comes across that the candidate misrepresented their availability in order to score an interview quicker... then those folks may be playing with fire.

Stated much better than I did...exactly what I meant to convey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk