View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Student01
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Default ATP Flight School Location/100 Hour ME

I'm considering ATP for a flight school to get to Envoy Air eventually.
A few questions for ATP past, present, and future students as well as Envoy pilots that are both graduates and non graduates of ATP.

I will be going in with my PPL and the 80 hours already. Starting w/ Private Credit.

I'm considering the 100 hour multi engine track. More expensive but seems worth it. Any opinions on the 100 vs. 40 hour multi? Why?

I'm looking at Houston at DWH or Dallas at GKY. Is one better than the other? Which do you recommend and why?

How's the fleet at these locations? Maintenance issues are rare?

How often does Envoy visit these locations? On site interviews?
(Obviously things will change by time I pick an airline so I may be choosing a different airline by then.)

Costs. Did you pay exactly as quoted? More? Less?
What other costs? What got costs down?

Financing. Who did you finance with? Any tips?

Timeline. How long did it take you to complete training? How long until you got the 1,500 hours of TT?

Did the CFI job pay well? Were you impressed by the benefits? Did they keep you busy to get you to 1,500 soon?

How does tuition reimbursement work?

Does tuition reimbursement cut into the sign on bonus?

Housing as a student. Did you take student housing? Cost? Dual or single occupancy? Would you recommend getting my own housing? If so where at?

Housing as a CFI. What do they provide for CFI housing? Costs? Dual or single occupancy? Do you recommend my own housing and if so where?

iPad. What iPad did you use? Gigs? Size?

iPad tips? Kneeboard? Apps? EFB accessories?

Flight bag? Which did you use?

Crew cross country. Can someone explain how it works?
Do they provide per diem and hotels?

Can future students take tours of the campuses? If so...how?

These questions aren't in any specific order. Please help me out. I've read all over the website but I'm curious what people actually did in the program. Tell me your experiences. Your tips. Your ideas. I appreciate the help.