View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 06:36 AM
mainlineAF
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: 6th place

Originally Posted by EMBFlyer View Post
PIT is one of the worst places to commute out of in the system. Most didn't leave when PIT shut down (and, as stated before, that includes rampers, agents and mechanics). I can remember early on flying an equipment sub (757 to a 319) on the 3 pm PHL-PIT flight (after all the Europe flights get in). 41 revenue passengers, 63 non-revs. As soon as I walked up to the gate, I was accosted by 20 flight attendants, thinking I was taking their seat. I've also flown with many guys who have to take the 5 am flight for a 9pm departure because that's the only one with seats. The flights are full and the commuters are ruthless. Even if you hit check-in right at 24 hours, you can still be 8, 9 or 10 on the list because a lot use that auto check-in program (which, even though he states it's legal, I think it's wrong).

Buyer beware.

It's actually better not to use the auto checkin program if you're available to manually check in 24 hours prior. The auto program initiates a sign in at 24 prior then checks you in, so it takes a few seconds.