Thread: Bid Rumors?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 12:20 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post

The Captain Obvious question is the future of the MD-10 fleet. If we actually park hulls ...

And so begins the mental masturbation.

Let it first be said that anyone, self included, who believes they know the future of our fleet, is delusional. Nevertheless, ...

Whatever beancounter predicted the demise of the MD-10 cannot spell reality, much less grasp it. Face it -- there is no direct replacement for it other than the Triple Seven, and we don't have enough of those as it is. If we ever get to the point we don't need the lift the -10 is providing, we have much, much bigger problems.

Speaking of which, when are we going to stop having weekly global IT outages? When I have to wait 90 minutes for a final weight and balance because of a global IT outage, and the secondary system won't work because the primary is down ... I start to worry about the security of my A Plan.

Back in '98 they stopped maintaining the -- THE -- SIM building because it was scheduled for destruction. The roof leaked and ceiling tiles were falling down or missing, and it looked embarrassing. Now they're planning to move an MD-10 sim back over there to make room for the 2 B-767 sims scheduled to be put in the new, new sim building, which is already full. Like I said, anyone who claims to know the future ...