Old 08-10-2017, 07:20 PM
whalesurfer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by flyphisher View Post
On reading the ongoing frustration of those trying to update their job application for pilot employment at UPS, I can only offer my profound apologies. It is an embarrassment.
Totally agree!

To all ups wannabies - Profound apologies on behalf of all IPA pilots!
The online application and also the hogan test are a total embarrassment!

There are sooo many threads and comments here were people are simply trying to figure out how to apply, when to apply, how to update their flight times or contact info? Is the application even current? Why do some people pass and others fail a test when they answered all questions in the same manner? (comparing afterwards). Can a person retake a hogan? When? Is it 6 months? 12 months? More? How does one reapply for another hogan? When does an application expire? ...Does it ever expire? How do you update flight times online? What about contact info? When do you need to fill out a new app? Once in the pool, is there anything that can be done to speed up a class date? What about those who've been in the pool for a while, are they still in the pool? Is there a specific time frame when a poolie stops being a poolie? 6 months? 12 months? more? Etc.,etc., etc...

Just embarrassing.

We CAN do better! Just look at the many fantastic features our customers have when shipping a package! Give us just a tiny fraction of those resources.

Originally Posted by flyphisher View Post
...Just to name a few. I'll use the Checkpoint rollout as a prime example to illustrate how (stupid?) the IT department works and how UPS continues to allow the computer circus to continue.

Checkpoint was a total....I mean TOTAL revamp of our ability to sign onto the UPS crew website (called CMS). It's another layer of security.

The IT department initially put out incorrect instructions on how to install this revolutionary new secure app (Checkpoint app) and Mate it to the UPS system. Apparently Initially posting a wrong IP address in that process.

Multiple crew members contacted the IT department directly only to be given a run around of who/what/when/where/why/how. A sort of catch as catch can hit or miss attempt to fix each crew members issues.

Not to mention this Checkpoint app (as said by one IT rep with one crewmember calling to ask for help), essentially gives ownership of each of your devices Checkpoint is installed on to UPS. As a result Checkpoint will only be installed on my company iPad.

Of course the EB of the IPA should have been on top of this right? Wrong......the EB had zero knowledge of this MAJOR IT change. A change that directly impacts each crewmember to electronically communicate with the company in any way. .
Agree with everything you said except for the last few sentences (in bold). "EB of the IPA Should've been on top of..." implies they had previous knowledge of the switch to checkpoint. The union made it very clear they had no information whatsoever. They're kept in the dark.

Last edited by whalesurfer; 08-10-2017 at 07:41 PM.