Old 10-02-2007, 01:05 PM
chitownpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: CRJ-200/700 FO

Originally Posted by ERJ Driver View Post
Enjoy some light reading...

Here are some facts and figures you should be aware of if you are still 'sitting on the fence' on whether or not Mesa will be in operation in the near future.
  • By the end of this November over 250 pilots will have timed out for the year. Just in time for the busy holiday season.
  • The company continues to lose on average 25 to 35 pilots a month. Link: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14vtp4i&s=2 (be sure to click on 'Full Size')
  • Average IOE time for new pilots coming online is between 50 to 85 hours. Some pilots are even taking over 100 hours to be line qualified.
  • Based on only 2 days of testimony I think we can safely say that some type of monetary judgment will be levied against Mesa. Also, remember that this is only the first trial, Mesa goes up against Aloha next.
  • Mesa use to have $300 million dollars in liquid cash which was raised through a number of institutional investors. In the last year and a half the company has burned through $122 million of that reserve and needless to say many of Mesa's investors are none to happy about the financial situation of the company.
Day 1 Testimony is a little dry but Day 2 is pure Jonathan. Enjoy.
__________________________________________________ ____

Day 1:

continued...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 50 hours the MAXIMUM amount of time one can spend on IOE? When I went through new hire training at my company, we were told 25 minimum, 50 MAX, according to FAA rule.