Old 08-12-2017, 07:55 PM
dtbecker
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Originally Posted by kingsnake2 View Post
No, as long as you meet ATP minimums and have a degree you fit pretty much any regional airline's hiring standards right now.
Excellent, glad to hear that. On the other hand, do any of you have a list of internationally recognized flight schools? (They don't have to offer EASA but I would prefer a flight school that has recognition not only in the United States)

Essentially, Embry Riddle is well known in the U.S for aviation academics, and of course they have their Worldwide Program for online education, but they aren't internationally well known for their flight school. If you were to go to Europe and ask aviation students if they heard of Embry Riddle, most would probably say "no". (At least that has been my experience)

I have finally narrowed down my search to two flight schools that I will tour. The first being L3 Airline Academy (Aerosim) and the other being Flight Safety Academy. Yes, both are expensive but if you ever wanted to fly for an airline that accepts FAA ATP internationally you would be at an advantage with a flight school that is recognized across the globe.

I've been in contact with ATP but decided against them since they REALLY try to push their marketing tactics to the point where they called me more than once in a day, sent emails, and text messages to my cell-phone.