Thread: Hiring
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 06:32 PM
Tpinks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by ironmanndfw View Post
The 6-12 175's are either on the property or yet to be delivered. We received no further detail. Maybe they will be used as spares?

There was mention of another pilot base opening yet nothing specific. It seems that IAH would be ideal yet no guaranteed flying by UAL for IAH. It seems that UAL wants us to push further west. It was undisclosed as to how far West or where.

All of the above were from Josh in HR. Remember in aviation don't believe it until you have been to school on it or can bid it!

I take most of that with a grain of salt as HR propaganda as people above him make the calls.

The comment about the FA's was that it seemed like a HUGE class to the people there. FA's were everywhere it seemed. IDK nor were we told of the FA turn over rate, yet it was a nice to know kind of thing.

The important part is that they are hiring, and a small pay bump in October. I do not recall right off what the bump will be yet I do remember it is small.

It seems like a good company, and I'm happy with that.
Ok, was just trying to figure out what they were feeding you new guys. As I said, only 4 aircraft remain for the year, everything else is already on property.

IAH is logical, but I think United is currently protecting MESA by keeping us out of there. We already do a decent amount of flying into that hub, in fact on a typical week day, we have 50 departures out of IAH, which is more that half of our current bases. It only falls behind, ORD (54), MIA(56), DCA(75), EWR (78) and LGA (108).

I think they have already done 17 or 18 FA classes so far this year, so yes, I would say we have a rather high turn over rate.