Thread: Sad news
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 06:42 PM
Bellanca
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: CFI/II/MEI

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
I would say most of it falls at the feet of Skywest who purchased an airline and, instead of merging the entities to help costs stay competive, they alienated their union properties, made them fight amongst themselves and created division. None of that is Delta's fault. Delta is just bringing flying back in-house and yes, the most expensive contactor is the first to go.
This. This. This.

From the outside, it seems that skywest has been hellbent on slowly bleeding its aquired ALPA carriers dry. Slow enough to prevent a sudden mass exodus (costing them money), but enough to keep costs down as they funnel operations towards OO. It's clear that they can get enough people to drink the kumbaya koolaid and enough shiney new jets to keep classes filled.

I'm sorry to see what happened to you guys. ASA was the regional that i wanted to work for, the fact that i couldn't land an interview a few years back when i was making the leap to 121 flying turns out to have been a blessing in disguise. This industry is scary, we never know who will be next I the chopping block. There's some air of uncertainty at my carrier and I deeply sympathize with y'all.