View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 04:10 PM
da42pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
Respectfully, this sentence shows that you don't truly understand the concept of scope and how it relates to subcontractors.

Mainline pilot scope clauses limit the size airframe a subcontractor can fly, not the size of airframe the mainline can fly.

There's zero reason for pilots to "raise scope to maybe 99 seats as long as the flying is done in-house on the same seniority list" - legacy airline management can already fly those airframes in-house with legacy pilots, they simply have chosen to not do so.
From what I've gathered, they haven't because labor rates at mainline makes them uneconomical. But, other than management, nobody wants to give away more scope. So negotiate with management- set up a B-scale but for sub 99 seats only, on the same seniority list.

That opens up the 76-99 seat market for management and gets a lot of pilots out of the "C scale".

Now, since this is a B scale, I think scope would be necessary to prevent management from growing the B scale at the expense of the A scale. That's why I mentioned scope.