View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 01:09 PM
Miso
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2015

I have zero confidence in the Union on this issue...

I have been a Union member for 20+ years, "wear the lanyard," and have donated to the ALPA-PAC for a number of years. I like those on the MEC as individuals and believe they are trying to do what they feel is best, however the reality is that they are pilots...not lawyers, not professional negotiators, and candidly not the smartest people in the room, and will be outmaneuvered every time over an extended, contentious negotiation...How many times must we watch it happen before that sinks in?

Why are we discussing modifying our retirement when the Contract was signed two years ago? That's when it should have been discussed. When we had leverage...Take a hard look at the e-mails from the Union, particularly the "wear your lanyard" missive...At least four punctuation and grammatical errors in the last paragraph alone.

I know, it's petty, however the Union represents us, to the Company, and the World. I won't accept mistakes on the Union's part now...How many times have I heard "fly it, then grieve it"? That's bull...It would be nice if they took a few of my thousands of dues dollars to proof read their own coorespondence. I would feel more comfortable with paying for an administrative assistant than paying for a "retirement analyst."