Thread: Scabs?!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 10:00 AM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by jsfBoat View Post
I didn't know it was this serious. I remember both my dad and grand dad some times refusing guys a jump seat on their aircraft.

Good for them, it's a shame that this isn't standard. For two years I commuted from what WAS scab central to what IS scab central. Many of the scabs never bothered to move. And if they were denied JS's, MANY of them wouldn't be getting to work or home.

Never saw it myself, but I heard that many of them wont even try the other legacy carrier that flies there. BTW, the other legacy had a strike also. That strike was not as long, nor detrimental to the careers of the guys that had the nut sack to walk (my dad included). And although that legacy had a shorter strike, and fewer scabs, they have a much more hard line stance against scabs. They would sometimes check to see if my name was on the list, which is fine by me. If they are checking for me, they are checking for other guys. And hopefully denying rides to those whose name is on the list.

There is a retired UAL CA on here who has a great story about flying from A to B and a bunch of scabs showed up to JS on his plane. Maybe he can chime in and re tell it. It's rather funny.