Thread: Job Fair in DC
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 05:46 PM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by scrapdog View Post
No worries dojet - I respect your opinion 100%. The beauty is - you get to have an opinion and so do I. My opinion initially was not personally directed at any RJ pilot in the least - it was strictly a viewpoint on the downturn of the airline profession as a whole and it's very direct relationship to the guys willing to accept absolutely garbage payrates at the regional level.

Do I have a lot of 121 experience? Nope. Does it really matter in this regard? Nope. If you polled 100 guys right now, I bet 80% would agree with me with these agregious wages at the regional level and the fact dudes are stepping up to the plate left and right to fly for these janitor type wages. Is it the end all be all to the major's QOL? Of course not - there are plenty of factors...but it certainly is a huge contributor. Again, my opinion only. Now, as I said earlier, I'm in no way defending 1st year pay at any airline, CAL or not. I think they all suck. BUT, they do continue to rise at a decent clip at most majors, and they certainly do not at the regional level. And they could rise quite a bit better if folks didn't accept the haenious regional pay and are lining up to do so. I truley believe you get what you pay for - and that pertains to all things in life, not just flying. As guys continue to accept crappier and crappier wages and airlines continue to lap them up where does the quality of our workforce go? Not up for sure.

Last but not least....this jumpseat thing. I have no way claimed to be an "expert" in jumpseating as you called me out. That's BS dude. But what I do claim is that it's not rocket science (just like it's not rocket science to fly airliners) and all it takes is a handshake and being cordial to the crew/captain. No cookies, candy, etc...are required. Courtesy works everytime and I've not had one issue to this day.

Good luck...sorry you take this crap so personal. It's kind of sad. Alright, my "profanity laden tirade" (as you so call it is over).
I never took it personal. I have however seen you take things personal and go into name calling simply because somebody doesn't agree with YOUR opinion. Both here and elsewhere. If you have to resort to that to debate a point, you really don't have a case to begin with. You talk about common courtesy, and it's far from "rocket science". Did you never learn this?

Maybe you should have re worded you post and not come in on a high horse about guys going to work for crappy wages.

For a third time, look at where you went to work.

Since CAL only pays around $30 an hour for a first year FO, and marginally more for a second year guy that elects to stay on the 73, works under crappy work rules, and gladly accepts PBS as a scheduling method, does that mean they only get what they pay for?

Sorry YOU take crap so personal.