View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 09:05 PM
NorthTxFlyBoy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Citation X, SIC

Originally Posted by Spartan07 View Post
Geez, how obnoxious and disrespectful (Or drunk) do you have to be to trash an airplane so bad that it is grounded for more than a day? I can only think of intentionally un-upholstering seats, tearing the cabin liner or ripping cabin lights out of their sockets... Or maybe pouring dry ice in the lav...
I haven't really heard much about that kind of malicious, intentional damage, but if you think about, all it takes to ground one of these jets for a week or more would be an ink pen or permanent marker in the hands of an artistic 3-year old. Sidewall or headliner replacement isn't a quick fix. I can also imagine that these "war stories" about how bad a plane got trashed get more sensational each time they're told, so who knows how bad it really was unless you were actually there.

And when I say a day, I'm accounting for the fact that a cleaning crew isn't standing by at every stop. It takes some time, and often a short ferry leg to get the cleaning done. It also takes time for carpet to dry after it's shampooed, so it's not usually a quick turn even for something as simple as a soft drink spilled on the carpet.