Thread: Bid Rumors?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 05:29 PM
ClutchCargo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: FDX MD11 Capt in MEM

Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
And, your point is? Are you trying to justify the reasoning behind the then "new" narrow body/widebody scale?

So, for arguments sake...if FDX bought some A380 operator today...We should lump the A380 into the wide body rate because their pilots are paid less? Of course not!

My point was that short term self interest is not always in one's self interest, at all. And, our pay scale is evidence of that.

That whole pay structure was put in place by FDX management. We didn't have a union on the property at the time. The FAB (student council) pretty much went along with the companies wishes. And didn't have any power to change/fight it anyway (re: 1-97) it anyway. I assure you that the 747 wasn't lumped in with the -10 because purple guys didn't want Tigers guys making more than them. Purple guys wanted onto the 747 themselves. The fence was only three years.

Are you sure that widebody/narrowbody category didn't exist before the purchase? I think it did but not sure.

I was just clarifying past history. I didn't have a point to make. Would be just as happy to see a single pay rate but I think that ship sailed a long time ago...

We're you onboard before the purchase? If so, were we aircraft specific for pay purposes before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ClutchCargo; 08-22-2017 at 05:50 PM.