View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 06:59 PM
snackysmores
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014
Position: fatigued
Default PDX E175 Satellite base

Jet will now be senior for upgrade MAYBE. This is a cheap attempt by the company to try and get more senior pdx dash captains to take the jet.
----

"Greetings!

It is with great pleasure that I am announcing an E175 PDX Satellite Base beginning on October 1, 2017. Please reference CBA Section 26.O for details regarding a Satellite Base. In this email, I will highlight some of the key features of a Satellite Base, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to myself or to SEA BCP *** *** or PDX BCP *** *** with more questions.

Key Features

Per the CBA, SEA is designated at the E175 Parent Base. As such, a PDX Satellite Base is only permitted to have 20% of totally flying that would have been assigned to SEA.
You are eligible to bid for the PDX E175 Satellite Base if you are a qualified E175 CA or FO (due dates below).
If you bid for the PDX Satellite Base, you will be required to fly there for at least 3 bids. This may be waived by the Company.
Lines may be built of trips or reserve per the CBA.
This does not constitute the opening of a PDX E175 base. Do not bid for an E175 Captain or First Officer vacancy based on this Satellite Bid announcement. The E175 still only has a Base designation in SEA.

Bidding for the PDX E175 Satellite Base

The automated Vacancy Bid Manager program does not have a Satellite Base provision. We will be accepting bids for this position via email.
Please submit your request for the PDX E175 Satellite Base to ***@horizonair.com. She will sort requests by seniority order and will process awards prior to the PBS bid opening for October.
All bids are due by Tuesday 8/29 at 1200.