View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 06:26 AM
Andytcsi
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Nh114 View Post
Soon hopefully. Wait after the September indoc shouldn't be too long as they are catching up on systems classes, sims are going smoothly (no wait after procedures) and with new SOE captains that should speed up soon. Also the 2nd sim is now being retrofitted by CAE which will help even more. Will be several months before that sim is complete though from what I've heard.
I'm not trying to be a party pooper but systems classes are not really catching up that much. March guys wait was pretty much 3 months, it looks like June guys waits are still about 3 months. sure once we get past July class we skip to September but the pool between indoc and ground isn't shrinking that much yet.

Also it looks like since the delay between ground and sims has been essentially eliminated, the pool after LOE waiting on SOE is growing not shrinking. Yes they got new SOE captains but they are mostly replacing guys that are flowing etc. From what was told, there is a limit to the number of SOE captains and check airmen that the FAA will allow, its a number that is a percentage of the pilot base. If that information is accurate then this isn't a matter of just adding another class and instantly doubling the capacity to get numbers through SOE.

Do I mind? heck no! I am enjoying the time to travel, etc. Just trying to keep expectations real here.