View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 08:02 AM
CharlieFoxtr0t
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Can we talk about reserve rules and the QOL that a reserve has?
I am on reserve and since I was a quick upgrade I assume I will be on reserve for the bulk of the time I work for Endeavor. I try not to complain about it because it's not healthy for me, that being said I have a few gripes:
-It is very difficult for me to break min because if they don't call me I can't credit anything towards min that day.
-If I am lucky enough to be awarded a good trip with greater than 4hr of credit in a day and then a few of the legs cancel due to IROP etc I don't get paid for those legs but the guy in the other seat whom is a line holder gets paid.
-2hr call out sucks when you actual house is 3.5-4hrs from the airport and if I was sitting long call I could just sit at home. (I know we would have higher utilization with long call)

I understand the ideology of guys saying don't agree if anyone takes a pay cut on the rolling retention to pay issue. I just want to say I am cool with 83 hours if we can get some reserve rules changed at the same time.
My proposal:
-Every reserve day is worth the 3.9hrs they assign it if you drop a day. If you sit at home you get the 3.9 hours towards your min. This way you don't sit in a crash pad the last week of the month away from home and your family for affective "no pay" because you have worked 74.9999 hrs already that month.
-Cancelation pay for reserve pilots if you get assigned and it cancels same day you get the original pay credit for the day.
-Long call reserve.

If these things got adopted reserve guys could break min and hopefully break 83 hours and now no pay cut.

Am I crazy? Has this been tried before? I am new to this airline and I don't have a great knowledge of the past and what has been done and tried.

Junior guys in seat are forced into reserve because it is so unattractive to the senior guys. Current reserve rules in most cases make compensation less due to less days off and the ability to tweak schedule for good open time pickups. Max line range pay bump nope not for reserve.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk