View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Woger Wabbit
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by Avroman View Post
Every time I've had to be subjected to this on a deadhead, my first thought is "shut up and get this POS moving so I can spend as little time in the back of this RJ as possible." I don't care to hear anything but the expected flight time.... I don't care about the route, the altitude, your breakfast meal, the color of the sky, or anything else that may be rambled about in these pre departure speeches. If there is a delay, just a quick reason why and how long... K.I.S.S. Keep it simple/short stupid.
Amen.

I’ve regrettably made just one announcement from that stupid thing only because the cockpit PA was deferred. Can’t say I witnessed excited smiling passengers, thankful captain awesome was standing before them reciting yet another sermon on flight blah-blah-blah from wherever to who cares. Instead, only irritation was reflected back, praying captain annoying would wrap up his unnecessary twaddle and get on with it.

Let us not pretend we're something more than what we are. "Hooper drives the boat, chief."