View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 07:57 AM
gojo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by Hotlop View Post
The safety arguement aside, this new policy is more of a time management issue. To make this work, the welcome announcement would have to take place post pax boarding, post agent final count send off (so as to not clothesline him/her with the chord), while FA/FAs are securing the cabin and prior to door close to be able to capture that D0. More often times than not, this won't be possible without disrupting other pertinent tasks. I have yet to see Delta Pilots give a cabin welcome announcement and regret to say I only hear delta pilots give a cockpit welcome announcement about 40% of the time. Goes to prove yet again that we are held to a higher standard than mainline. About that 75 hour retention divisor.....
I have seen Delta make many cabin welcome announcements. Additionally, I've also seen some talk to first class separately. I'm not sure why some are making this such a big deal and making excuses for not doing it. Either do it or don't. It's not that hard, and it really only takes about two minutes more than doing it from the flight deck. Same as the hat. Either wear it or not. End of story. Neither of these are enforceable if you choose not to do it.