View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 06:03 PM
WarEagle1
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Default April attendee, now a new hire

Hello 4myfamily, I was lucky enough to be able to attend the in house job fair back in April. I was offered an interview about 5 weeks after the event. I'm now a new hire. If it's anything like the event back in April, yes it was very laid back and friendly, yet very professional. Wear a suit, everyone was in suits and most of the SWA pilots were in their uniforms. The other Southwest employees were dressed business casual and all were very friendly and helpful. Be yourself, smile, be friendly, be genuine. These are the types of people they want to hire. I see way too many pilots placing too much emphasis on, hey I've got 90 gazillion hours, 15 type ratings, no checkride busts, hey man, it doesn't matter. Are you a good person? Are you personable and tolerable to be around and work with? Yes, experience means something, but they want the right fit for their culture and their company. You'll do great! Have fun, be yourself, the job is yours!

Originally Posted by 4myfamily View Post
Will someone that attended the April event please give us the scoop for what to expect and how best to prepare for the Sept event? Thank you in advance.