View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 01:46 PM
eglplt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: CA

Originally Posted by Btoflyer View Post
Gents, I too am taking a lap in the pilot pool. Here's a few of the things I heard at the interview. New hires will be put into Phenom 300 or Latitude; there is more need for CA's than FO's in that airframe (take that as you will, given the lack of upgrades). The Latitude, which is being purchased at a fast clip, will be awarded to the taller new hires. Upgrades will be 5-7 years (this is what I was told, don't shoot the messenger).
I was very excited to be hired by NJ, because it is a huge improvement over my past couple of 135 operations. But being in a pool is not the same as a job, is it? After reading this thread (and thank you for that!), I feel like I need to take a look at the regionals again. Would welcome further guidance, thoughts, wise-@$$ comments, whatever.
I don't see how this could even remotely be possible, with the number of current sic's that would need to upgrade ahead of a newhire! Even if they did grow exponentially and experience significant retirements, they couldn't dream of training that many pilots to bring upgrades down to 5-7 years. Unbelievable that they are telling you guys that! WOW, just WOW!