View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 12:18 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Pazan View Post
About 3 months ago I applied for a Second Class medical to begin flight training. I was denied due to self disclosure. I was given the option to testify asking for a reevaluation of my medical. I am currently waiting to hear back from the FAA. I am currently enrolled in ground school. No one that I know or anyone at the school has heard of a similar case. Just looking if anyone knows anyone or them selfs have been in my situation. Also wondering what my future may hold.
You've provided no information.

Your medical was not denied due to "self disclosure." Your medical, i a "denial" has occurred, is deferred due to a condition you disclosed. If you have this condition and this condition is disqualifying, you are required to disclose it. There is no penalty for disclosure; it's required, and failure to disclose a condition means that you've made a false statement on your application, which is grounds for revocation of your medical.

No one has ever heard of a medical being deferred or denied when someone had a condition that was disqualifying? Happens all the time.

There are medical examiners who specialize in assisting airmen with special medical issues, and these may be your best bet.

What your future holds depends on the specifics of your situation, which you have withheld.