View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 07:29 PM
T28driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Pokeysrider View Post
Could someone (BigWilly?) enlighten me on a few points?
1) trip / duty rig? I haven't been able to piece that one together.
2) I'm considering applying at AW, but have a CJO elsewhere.
3) Any guesses as to where the UAL routes will be flown?
4) Being an all CRJ200 fleet, do you fly 4-5 short legs each day? Fly any longer routes?
5) Any news on large airframes to service UAL?
6) Everyone seems pretty happy there, what percentage commute (that would be me if I went AW)?
7) Thanks so much, my wife and I are really excited about the opportunity to do this!
1) Rigs mean that we get paid a certain amount even if we are not flying. For example, the duty rig means that we get paid a minimum 1 hour for every two that we are on duty. for example, if you had a 1 hour flight with four hours on the ground followed by a one hour flight (total of 2 hours flight time, 6 hours on duty) you would get paid for three hours. The trip rig is the same concept, but over the entire trip. For example, if you had a trip where you were away from base for 48 hours and flew 8 hours, you would get paid for 12 hours of flight time.

2) If you are a qualified pilot without any really major skeletons in your closet, you should be able to get a CJO at any regional.

3) Not really. We've seen a list of about 50 cities so far. It's mostly small towns east of the Mississippi.

4) see above.

5) Nope. If flying a 76 seater or something with autothrottles is the most important thing for you, this is probably not the place to come.

6) I have no idea what this percentage is. I'll be commuting to ORD, and know several other people in my class that will be doing the same.

7) So far I have not regretted my choice to come here vs. another regional. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions about the training process, I'll answer to the best of my ability.