View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Flying Amigos
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017

It amazes me that executives are able to get away with this type of dereliction of duty. They started with arguably one of the highest quality regional airlines and a rock solid relationship with their major partner, and they have blown it. Timing the required pilot training for new planes with known delivery date seems like a fairly simple math equation. In any case, if they were behind on that equation, they should have done something long before the day of a fully sold flight. Honestly, I think they got sloppy and failed to realize the competition was nipping on their heels. They thought it was all about economics, and getting concessions from pilots would solve the problems. In reality it was about staffing and operational reliabilty. SkyWest is flying 7, count em 7 crjs to cover for QX short term. I'm sure OO didn't bring in all these resources without extracting something from AAG (see 10 new 175s). Flying the plane is our problem, staffing and running the airline is management's problem. This is in their laps, even though line employees are paying the price.