View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 05:12 AM
Davetastic
Ice-bagger

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by CargoPirate View Post
Whether you believe it or not....you are undercutting the union position.

Whether you operate it or not by allowing even DH on off days you are hurting the rest of us. Justify however you want but don't think you are fooling anyone.

Some posters come here just to negate, refute, argue and oppose positions just to give themselves a reason to speak up. When justified, I agree with those that have a sound argument with which to take a stand so I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here for not clearly understanding me. Because, without explaining your reasoning behind saying that by following the CBA, I am undercutting the unions position, then you are just boxing yourself into the aforementioned category. So, let me clarify.....

...Scheduling puts the DH on my pattern prior to end of pattern of which I accept. I don't ask for it nor can I decline as it is an allowable change per the CBA. Because it is a DH at the end of pattern, I ask to be released and I am per the CBA. I then take a different, earlier flight home but the flight on my pattern of which shows me DHing back to base, gets delayed into my X days of which I am paid for an involuntary extension per the CBA. Now, how is this undercutting the union position? One would think that to demand getting paid per the CBA is a good thing wouldn't you agree?

Now if you don't understand that, you just can't fix ignorance.