View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 07:48 PM
duvie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: WB Bunkie

Signs you may be an Internet tough guy:

Originally Posted by Grumble View Post
If you didn't stand firm the first time, what spine did you magically grow since then?
Based on absolutely no evidence, you put me in an easily villifiable group, given the leanings of people on this site. Otherwise known as pandering, or preaching to the choir.

So you are lumping me with a group that I have not indicated any inclination toward in my words or actions. Not to mention that the group in question was probably over 80% of UAL at the time. Hindsight is 20/20, so its easy to say they caved. I wasn't in their shoes, its hard to say what I would've advocated/voted for. But i was commuting then. I listened to a lot of justifying and fear disguised as reason. Who could blame them? It was an unprecedented time.

Originally Posted by Grumble View Post
"Tough guy forumitis".... maybe the problem is you and your lack of confidence that's easily intimidated by those with conviction.
You allude to the fact that I may be unprincipled because I'd like to have a nuanced discussion of the facts.

Classic internet tough guy stuff. In the end, most things in life aren't as simple as a yes or no vote. With us or against us. Blue or Red. MSNBC or FOX. The spectrum of what pilots want out of the next contract has at least 12,000 points between a willing BOHICA and the categorical NO. So, maybe my desire to hear more wisdom from a reliable source (mako) belies humility and a sense that others may have something to add to my perspective, rather than the internet tough guy, who comes here to preach his over-developed opinions

Maybe you're a source of wisdom Grumble, and the wife and drink have you representing your handle unusually well, but your post came off as the epitome of tough-guy-I'm the sheriff 'round these parts-forumitus, not an enlightened and unique perspective. And if you're not adding the conversation, merely providing a predictable echo, why waste your breath?