View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 02:29 PM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO

PSA's SAP is quite different than anyone else's SAP in the industry. There are ZERO (read: none, zip, nadda, zilch) restrictions other than those imposed by FAR117.

Want holidays off? Done. Want to be able to make that important dinner your significant other is begging you to be at? Done. Kids t-ball game? Done. Birthdays, family reunion, and parents visiting all in the same month? Done. Sundays off so you can watch football? Done. 18-19 days off next month so you can relax or work on that home project? Done. Want to take a couple weeks off in a row and go to Europe with your friends or significant other without using your vacation time? Done. Want to be off almost a month straight using your vacation time and SAP? Done. I could go on... But I think you get it.

I'll be the first to deny that things aren't always peachy here at PSA. But I'll never deny that my quality of life is second to none in the regional industry. I tell mainline pilots about our SAP if they ask and they wonder, "Why don't we have that"!?

All that said, I know a couple people at Republic who are pretty content and enjoying their time there. I still vote PSA as long as it's no commute/easy commute. But neither are a bad option.