View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 02:44 PM
TheWeatherman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by PleaseComplete View Post
Well, you asked.... "Now tell me what you see?"

I really don't care if the President comes into our class, I would rather him spend his/her time doing President stuff.

PSA took very excellent care of their pilots during Irma, me included.

I interviewed at Republic. Seemed a decent enough place, I didn't come here to bash it. Original poster asked Rjet vs PSA. PSA has SAP Rjet does not, end of story. All that talk and you never answered "how long has Rjet supposed to have been getting SAP now?"

If you remember 14.50 an hour you also remember Rjet filing bankruptcy with money in the bank and totally screwing over their stock holders. Actions speak louder than a million words.

PSA upgrades are as soon as you can hit 1000 hours 121. Wax poetic all you want 121 PIC is 121 PIC. You can have your industry leading F/O pay for four years while I'm making Captain pay year two.

A regional is a regional is a regional, get in, get as much money as you can, get PIC as fast as you can and get out. Anyone not doing that is fooling themselves until they fall to the back swing of the whip saw. Meanwhile, while you here doing your time, make your quality of life as best as you can make it and there is hands down no better quality of life tool than SAP.

Sure we all need pilots. Currently last I knew PSA is backlogged 6 months for new hires.

Best of luck.
A couple of bones to pick about your post. Meeting your new recruits, I.e. The future of the company, is leadership 101. If PSA's president is just sitting in his office all day, that is a horrible leader who has no idea of what the pulse of his company is.

Second, regarding your comment about the stockholders, one of the big reasons the middle class of America is eroding is that companies are too worried about pleasing stockholders every quarter instead of planning for the long term success of the company. If the company I work for is more concerned with pleasing the stockholders instead of the long term success of the company, well then you have a problem if you are an employee there.