View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 01:08 PM
saab340driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: B767/757 CAPT

Originally Posted by aviationfrk View Post
My captain this week spoke with a NC captain that was taking the aircraft after us while I was in the flight deck listening. He did indeed say flow was at least on the table. He also said that delta was serious about getting the contract done quickly because we are not hiring what their targets are. According to him they have a time setup soon to hash out all the remaining sections and hope to be done by the end of the year but sooner than later. A few others have posted about this meeting so I hope it to be legit.
That's correct. The flow was on the table and there was active discussion with DAL 6 months ago, however, for reasons mentioned previously it was pulled back off. However, the numbers are beginning to cause a reaction. It's funny how that works. So, as predicted, true career progression to DAL for our pilots is back on the table (as it should be). The upcoming meetings at the undisclosed location will include serious conversation on this topic, and I predict, along with quite a few others, that in the end (2018) there will be some sort of flow/staple/absorption/B-Scale to DAL. There is no doubt the landscape is changing rapidly and DAL has a vested interest in maintaining our current pilots on property. Looking forward to hearing from the MEC soon on what this will look like. The floodgates will open up when this happens and a job at 9E will be a career at DAL.