View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 06:40 PM
TED74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
You say - "If something needs to be improved, lets just improve it."

Well if 75% of the Pilots think reserve is currently good, because we remember when it really sucked, then it won't get much traction among the Pilot group - nor should it. And you know what else- everything in our contract can be improved so determining what "needs" to be improved would obviously be key.

Just off the top of my head I personally would rather improve:

Scope - Especially top end JV Scope.
Vacation - Ours is pretty much the industry laggard.
Medical - Ours is basically catastrophic care.
DH Policy - Ours Blows.

And there are plenty others. These are things that have not only not gotten better but for the most part have gotten worse. That is why we look at what we used to have vs what we have now vs what we want.

I also would like to see reserve improved but it is not at the top of my list, sorry if that is "Lowering standards" in your book.

Scoop
I can't disagree with anything you say here. And I appreciate the acknowledgement that historic reserve discussions undercut efforts to improve it. I happen to think your four items are more important, but I don't think they necessitate freezing out reserve improvements.

It won't be long before 50% of voters have only known C2012 and beyond, FWIW. There will be good and bad from that demographic shift.