View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 09:48 AM
METO Guido
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Commenting in another sub forum about a youngster who's apparently learned a hard lesson. Small potatoes for the most part but got me reflecting on the glib reply above. A life can run on random, a while. If the lure is enchanting enough, absent a steady compass, where you are when, can steer you as if fate. False fate. Pass this along, FWIW, because it was widely acknowledged, appearing in local newspaper accounts.

An Air Force officer resigns, commitment fulfilled. Laid back guy, opens a dive shop in a well-healed community. Awesome mentor. From this cloud, mate dive charters, service private aircraft, work the desk, run errands, socialize inappropriately within an older circle. Start flying. Two of my best friends from middle school are dealing. Weed. Cozy business connection, happy days. Coke arrives. The money explodes but people get crazy with it and do crazy things for it. The dive shop's proprietor is married, little ones at home. As, or so it appears to most of us, operating becomes too sporty to continue, he disappears. About two years on, a shot up twin containing his remains, publically identified by Columbian authorities. Didn't know until the service, the deceased's father, a retired Air Force general and combat veteran. The mother inconsolable.

This movie, I'm sure it will be entertaining. Ruined countless innocent lives, those times. Different now. Still very much with us & your kids. Reality behind the cinematic romance; more drugs to choose from than ever, killing more than ever, this very minute.