Gets Weekends Off
SNIZ
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2007
  • Position
    FDX MD11 FO
Quote: let me see.......You don't suppose that any one who would consider Bidding one of these FDA's as an FO would first bid it as a CAPT?

I don't want to put words in your mouth but
"ALL the CAPT slots will be most likely be filled and some of the FO slots possibly will go unfilled?"
Redeye you're probably right. I came up with these numbers while taking an hour long muni bus ride from Kowloon to Stanley market in HKG going thru Repulse Bay (wasn't that one of the perspective housing areas mentioned here during the LOA discussion a few months back?).

I just think when folks really peel back the onion (commute {even the internal HKG traffic looks daunting}, costs, schools, schedules) and do their homework on CDG and HKG they are gonna sit tight in the USA.

However, these aren't big #'s the co. has to fill. I ran into an SFS Airbus FO during the turn 3 nights ago and she is gonna bid CDG 757 FO. She's single, no attachments to the USA and wants to live in Europe. Just what the co. is looking for (actually she is just what most MD11 Capts I fly with are looking for, yuk, yuk)...so all the Capt slots get filled...very junior and half the FO slots go unfilled.

We'll know in November. Warning...some jet lag may be involved in this post.