View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 10:09 AM
sflpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by ironmanndfw View Post
PleaseComplete:

I was taken to task over this very item. I said why go to PSA vs Rjet due to the SAP?

The straight answer I was given is that it is already in our contract. Implementation is the next hurtle which will be at either company. Rjet is lagging behind. Honest answer. The main difference I would venture is that Rjet also knows they HAVE to deliver else the stop to be effective in the pilot recruiting process. If we fail to deliver then it hurts us all, and our pilot candidates will consider going to PSA and well they should. While you can get more flies with honey, I find honesty is a lost art and I seek to revive it.

Lets not kid each other, both airlines need pilots. Each company's management have not been supportive in the past. Ok. Heck many of my buddies at PSA state privately that getting anything out of their management is less than productive. It's like they are waiting on the word from above (stand by, to stand by, to stand by is the reply) as they are overruled at times from mother AA. In Rjets case none of the Big 3 can rule over the other that allows us flexability you can not find at PSA or any other WO including Endeavor.

Here is some insght I was set to go to PSA, until I interviewed at Rjet. I knew that all was not roses at PSA. I know it s not always roses at Rjet. The main difference I found is that Rjet knows they had issues in the past and they are determined to not make the same mistake again. We shall see as while I desire to be optomistic I'm also a realist.

Ask a new hire at PSA how many times their President showed face during Indoc? Mine was 3/4 times over 9 days. He was seriously interested in our welfare and BB spoke directly to it. I and 2 others flew in just before Irma hit our homes in FL. BB asked us how we are doing back home. 2 of us said ok. I'm still waiting a damage report, the third had arrnged to be flown home to assist between Indoc and our sytems class. I expect my classmate to arrive some time Monday. This is leadership from the top, and how one builds loyality. I'm not saying that never happens at PSA, yet I experienced it FIRST HAND at Rjet.

So here is how I see this all shaking out. PSA pilots my good friends, enjoy the SAP. Rjet pilots get ready for SAP on sterriods as Rjet sees what the issues with SAP at PSA and will make it work better for all of us (That is at both companies).

They way I see it we are a pilot group, will get further along faster with collaberation over division. I want it the very best it has ever been for a pilot to be happy to call him/her-self a regional pilot.

I remember the days of pay at $14.50 an hour, and the phone number to the food stamp program that was Regional flying reality not very long ago!

Now tell me what you see?
Please do not think you can trust BB or that he cares about your welfare. If things ever go south in the industry again he will go back to his old self. Just talk to some of the senior guys that have been there for 10-15 years. They will gladly inform you of the destructive and dishonest crap that he presided over at that time. I should know because I was there at the time This does not mean that leaders of other regionals are saints, but that's the truth on BB. And to the other poster thinking that the new contract will just be a quick sit down with the union, again speak to senior folks about the last one.