View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 07:51 PM
LoudFastRules
Saab Saab Phooey!

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Set Hundo

Originally Posted by bata View Post
In 2 yrs at AWAC on reserve you will get about 400-500 hours PIC on reserve. I do not know how fast you will be a line holder. Probably the only way to get to NWA will be through Pinn or CPS flow up. if you get on now you wil be FO for 8 months then capt and a line holder I would guess in a year or at least by the end of 08 when 36 acft are in. 180-200 CA. But in 2-3 years you will be able to flow up. Everyone is being typed, also.
Well, first of all there is no "Pinn" (PCL? Huh?) flow up. NWA has flow through agreements with Compass and Mesaba. I have seen estimates of NWA hiring as many as 40 per month. If this number is correct, by the nature of their flow agreements, Compass and Mesaba combined cannot provide 40 pilots per month. NWA is going to be doing a lot of off the street hiring for pilots. Anyone with a reasonable amount of total time and 121 Captain time will have a shot at it. From what I've heard, NWA doesn't even care too much about internal recs. They just churn your time grid and come up with "interview" or "not yet".