Thread: Atlas Air pool
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 06:39 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by LineUpNWait View Post
Not trolling. I just recently joined this site and have tried to remain silent on many things here but I’m tired of hearing people speak negative about Atlas. Works for some and not for others. I’ve been on several 3-4 man crew flights and not once I’ve been denied a leg because I was the junior guy. I don’t enjoy deadheading around the world, I’d rather operate a trip but when I have to do it, I’m glad it’s in Business it better.

Guess I’m just bitter from all the “Senior” guys telling me that I should have my apps out elsewhere and leave as soon as possible! These are the same guys that would not leave Atlas if UPS or FedEx would call them to offer them a class date. The mentality of the more people that leave Atlas will speed up the process with negotiations, has just rubbed me the wrong way. They (Senior guys) are NOT concerned about my future, they are concerned of their own future and expediting the negotiation process no matter how many of us junior guys are sacrificed.
We have at least 1 747 Captain I know of in the pool at FedEx/UPS. I know of another who has an interview next month. We lost an 18 year 747 Captain this Summer. I know a 767 Captain who bolted for Delta this month. There was a 767 Upgrade Class that lost 3 of 12 during training in the Spring. We lost a 747 Upgrade student. We're losing tons of senior guys. I do agree that the guys who are about 55-58 aren't leaving... Everyone South of that is generally trying to get out.