Old 09-22-2017, 01:28 PM
sargeanb
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: E170 CA
Default Atlas vs staying with my current regional...

Hello all,

I'm a 36-year-old mid seniority regional capt, currently based in CMH and living near CVG. I currently get 15-16 days off a month, and am making the 2 hour drive to work once a week. I can't complain much. But I am starting to chomp at the bit to move on. Like many, I've been waiting for years for a call from the legacies, but I don't know if that will ever happen. I'm curious about Atlas, but several things scare me off.

1. 17 days on. I've got little ones at home and have no desire to be gone from home for so long.

2. Pay cut...it would take me about 3-4 years to get back to where I am now pay-wise.

3. Alot of the grumblings that I see here make me wonder a bit about job security there.

4. Attitude of mgmt towards the pilot group, in terms of contract violations and contract negotiations...again, outside looking in, it doesn't look too good.

All those things being said, I don't really know all that much about the company, hence why I'm here researching. Since I live in CVG, it would be convenient, and the earning potential is much higher than my current employer long-term. I've never been a "job-hopper" type, wherever I go I'd like to stay awhile. I've been debating this for a few years now, but still have yet to apply. Some of my friends are there, some enjoy it, others quit and came back to the regional. Thoughts?